Interested in getting into the wonderful world of freelance journalism? Founder of the Sydney Writers Centre Valerie Khoo and Bianca Nogrady recently gave a talk to the NSW branch of the Australian Science Communicators about how to be a successful freelance journalist.
Bianca’s top five tips on how to succeed in freelancing are:
1. Use your networks and contacts
2. Find good stories and pitch them to the right publications
3. Write good, comprehensive pitches
4. Make your editor’s life easy
5. Keep up-to-date on your areas of interest
Find out more here.