I am an experienced public speaker, panel chair and broadcaster, talking about all things science, health, and the environment:
– The Festival of Dangerous Ideas: Death Gone Wrong panel, with Dr Peter Saul and Dr David Celermajer, at the Sydney Opera House Playhouse Theatre.
– The 2016 Sydney Writers Festival, chairing a panel on climate change with Professor Tim Flannery and Professor Peter Doherty, and a panel on science writing with Professor Janna Levin, Michael Slezak and Wilson da Silva.
– The 2015 Byron Bay Writers Festival, speaking on panels about death and science.
– Dying Well: a panel at the Brisbane Writers Festival, 2013, with broadcaster Phillip Adams, author Ruth Ozeki, poet Nathan Shepherson, and author Bianca Nogrady, broadcast on Radio National.
– Successful Freelancing, with Valerie Khoo and Bianca Nogrady at the Australian Science Communicators (NSW).
– Waste Not: A film by the Total Environment Centre.
– Scanning Long Term Horizons, ABARES Outlook 2014: chairing a panel of seven experts discussing future projections for agriculture, fisheries and forestry in Australia.